When is a team a team?
Is your team just a group of (nice or not so nice) people who work together in the same department, or are you really a team?
Can you answer at least half of the following questions about your team?
If not, then bureau Jetting will be pleased to help you!
- Do we invest in our working relationship, or are we just a group of (nice) people in the same department?
- As a team, what is actually our “raison d’etre” or common purpose?
- If we carry on as we are, will we still have a common purpose in 3 years’ time?
- What are our team’s core values?
- What are our team’s key qualities?
- What do we stand for as a team? (mission)
- What is the aim of our team? (vision)
- In what ways are our team’s mission and vision connected to that of the organisation?
- How can this be reflected in reality?
- Do we know what the strategic aims of the organisation are?
- How do we convey this?
- What do our internal and external clients notice about our aims in our behaviour and communication?
- Do we know each other’s strengths and weaknesses? How do we make optimum use of these?
- Do we make this open to discussion in a neutral way?
- How can we ensure our working together being more fun, more interesting and more efficient?